Monday, 24 August 2015

How to make Skyrim sweet rolls ~ Elder Scrolls food

Hello my sweet mints! I've never done this before but this recipe is my own and I just adore how they came out! I put a picture on my snapchat and it exploded with requests on how I make them so I decided to do a blog post about it! Today we will be making Elder scrolls: Skyrim sweet rolls! This recipe makes 3 however these cakes are 'Pound cakes' I researched traditional cakes for a time period similar of that in the skyrim game, Pound cakes were heavy cakes to make you fuller for longer in a time of limited food and money, so not light and fluffy like modern day victorian sponges, I guess you can liken it to christmas cake, very heavy to eat. So these cakes will fill you up, I had one after my dinner and was full up :) Don't over stuff yourselves,eat with care.

You will need:
Bundt cake tin (or a small ramekin at the end of cooking&cooling cut out a small hole in the top for the sweet roll shape)
6 tablespoons self raising flour (Or plain plus 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder)
6 tablespoons of milk (Any kind whole,skimmed,semi skimmed or alternative e.g: soya)
2 tablespoons sugar (I used brown but any semi fine sugar works e.g: white granulated)
Things needed to make them
2 tablespoons melted butter
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon sweet cinnamon
Thick cream,Devon cream or icing (anything white and thick enough to look like sweet roll topping)
Optional:
1 tablespoon brandy butter (For 'winter warming' flavour, or 1table any winter flavoured drink)


Correct consistency
How to make:
1) Preheat the oven to gas mark 5
2) Use the 'All-In' method of putting all ingredients wet and dry into a bowl and mix
3) Stop mixing when it's pourable but still thick, rather like thick cream, it is too dry and glomps off the whisk then add a table spoon extra of milk and do this until it's the correct consistency
4) Butter or oil the ramekin or bundt tin then add the mix just a few centimetres under the tins top
5) Cook for 35mins, each oven is different check by piercing a knife or cake poker into the middle of the cake if it comes out clear and warm to the touch it is done if it has wet cake mix on or feels cold it requires more time.
6) Allow the tins to cool before removing the cakes from the tins, they should pop out easy with the butter/oil lining the tin. Let them cool until they're cool to the touch, otherwise the cream topping will melt on them and become a soupy cake and cream mess!
7) Arrange the cakes on your chosen plate, I used a wooden chopping board for decorative means but a good old plate is just as good. Now take the cream and fill in the centre hole first, if you used a ramekin remember to cut a hole out then fill with cream. Now take a teaspoon and slowly paddle little amounts around the top edge of the cake till it spills over a little but do not drown the cakes!
8) ALL DONE! Now quick take a picture and hide them so no one steals your sweet rolls! We all know the guards are useless and won't help you! Use #AmaiRolls so I can see them :)

My name is Amai which is Japanese for sweet so remember to use my hashtag #AmaiRolls on twitter, Instagram,Tumblr,FaceBook etc etc! I can't wait to see how yours turned out :D


Click below to follow me:
Instagram: @imlusion
My cute pets Instagram: @DarcyAndLou
YouTube: Youtube.com/imlusionMUA
Twitter: @imlusion
Contact me for a review/sponsorship at imlusion@outlook.com